Mass. woman sues FedEx over marijuana delivery
Category: Odd | Posted on Fri, March, 1st 2013 by THCFinder
PLYMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman has sued FedEx, claiming the company mistakenly sent her a package containing seven pounds of marijuana, then gave her address to the intended recipients, who later showed up at her door.
Maryangela Tobin of Plymouth said in the suit filed Feb. 12 that by disclosing her address, the company violated state privacy laws and put herself and her children in danger.
"I feel like the safety of my daughters and myself was invaded and it makes things complicated," she told WBZ-TV. "I walk into my house first every time, my kids don't."
Tobin said she thought the package was a birthday present for her daughter, because when she opened it, she found candles, pixie sticks and peppermint. There was also something she thought was potpourri, but it was marijuana.
Tobin said that about an hour later, a man knocked on her door looking for the package, while two men sat in a vehicle in her driveway, waiting. She said she didn't have it, and bolted and slammed the door. Tobin claims FedEx gave out her address, which led the men to her home.
- 492,179 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 404,522 Views Category: Culture
- 319,569 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,590 Views Category: Fun
- 198,920 Views Category: Odd
- 157,143 Views Category: Fun
- 155,363 Views Category: Videos
- 154,324 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,040 Views Category: News
- 148,983 Views Category: Nugs