Man reports theft of marijuana to police
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Feb. 11 (UPI) -- A California man reported the theft of 25 pounds of marijuana from his home to police, claiming the drugs were legally grown, authorities said.
Police in Newport Beach responded to a call from a resident about two men breaking into a neighbor's home, the Newport Beach Daily Pilot reported Friday.
When police located the homeowner, he reported boxes packed with marijuana worth about $50,000 were taken and that he had a permit allowing him to grow marijuana, police Sgt. Steve Burdette said.
Authorities said they would not identify the man because at this point he's considered the victim of a residential burglary.
Newport Beach does not have any kind of license or permit that allows people to grow marijuana, city attorney David Hunt said.
- 529,245 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 422,839 Views Category: Culture
- 340,210 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 280,343 Views Category: Fun
- 199,864 Views Category: Odd
- 157,947 Views Category: Fun
- 156,064 Views Category: Videos
- 155,167 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,928 Views Category: News
- 149,827 Views Category: Nugs