A History of the Legalization (and Illegalization) of Pot
With marijuana legalization spreading across the country, more and more people are open to taking a toke for themselves. In our modern culture, smoking pot has become more socially acceptable than smoking cigarettes and (for some people) even drinking alcohol.
Scientifically, it has already proven to be safer. Yet, opinions on marijuana weren’t always this lenient.
In fact, for nearly a century, a good majority ruled marijuana as an addictively dangerous substance. Though that notion is now considered ridiculous (by most), it’s what initiated the struggle we find ourselves in while attempting for nationwide legalization.
As of now, 28 states have permitted the use of medicinal marijuana. Within eight of those states, recreational use is also allowed. That being said, we still continue to fight for future legalization laws.
- 195,150 Views Category: Odd
- 153,993 Views Category: Fun
- 143,851 Views Category: Culture
- 106,988 Views Category: Culture
- 105,211 Views Category: Culture
- 103,670 Views Category: Fun
- 103,342 Views Category: Videos
- 103,292 Views Category: Fun
- 102,060 Views Category: Culture
- 99,809 Views Category: News