A History of the Legalization (and Illegalization) of Pot
With marijuana legalization spreading across the country, more and more people are open to taking a toke for themselves. In our modern culture, smoking pot has become more socially acceptable than smoking cigarettes and (for some people) even drinking alcohol.
Scientifically, it has already proven to be safer. Yet, opinions on marijuana weren’t always this lenient.
In fact, for nearly a century, a good majority ruled marijuana as an addictively dangerous substance. Though that notion is now considered ridiculous (by most), it’s what initiated the struggle we find ourselves in while attempting for nationwide legalization.
As of now, 28 states have permitted the use of medicinal marijuana. Within eight of those states, recreational use is also allowed. That being said, we still continue to fight for future legalization laws.
- 195,023 Views Category: Odd
- 153,877 Views Category: Fun
- 143,700 Views Category: Culture
- 106,827 Views Category: Culture
- 105,048 Views Category: Culture
- 103,536 Views Category: Fun
- 95,627 Views Category: Fun
- 95,504 Views Category: Videos
- 93,986 Views Category: Culture
- 92,034 Views Category: News